Re-engaging Clubs that have Not Been Meeting
The following information is being shared by our State Global Action Team Leader, PCC John Landrum, Jr, from the Waxahachie Lions Club.
This is regarding the use of ZOOM for Clubs who are not meeting. I realize there are challenges to this option, as with any other, but continued inactivity should not be an option. As leaders in your District/Club, please take ACTION to re-engage your inactive Clubs. Communicate, Communicate, Communicate!!!
For those of you who are not ready to meet in person, we have been utilizing ZOOM for a couple of months now and it is working very well and is user friendly! Below is a video and step-by-step guide for anyone who might be scared or a little apprehensive about using this program. Should you have a technologically savvy Lion in your District/Club, try doing a ZOOM practice session for anyone who has never used ZOOM before. If it is necessary, ask a Lion familiar with Zoom to provide assistance to anyone who would like to know more about this program and/or how to use it.
Please share this information & reach out to your fellow Lions. It is critical to the continued success of OUR Association.
7 Minute Zoom First Time Meeting video tutorial…
Quick step by step guide…
- Open the Zoom desktop client.
- Join a meeting using one of these methods:
- Click Join a Meeting if you want to join without signing in.
- Sign in to Zoom then click Join.
- Enter the meeting ID number and your display name.
- If you’re signed in, change your name if you don’t want your default name to appear.
- If you’re not signed in, enter a display name.
- Select if you would like to connect audio and/or video and click Join.
John D. Landrum, Jr.
Waxahachie Lions Club
Lions Clubs International District 2-X1
Global Action Team Leader-Area 1 A (2019-2021)